We are saddened to announce that the 2020 Festival for Creative Pianists is canceled due to growing concerns over the coronavirus. The health and safety of everyone involved in this important event are our top priorities. Due to the new, unique and unknown nature of this virus, the CDC cannot at this time give assurances that the rapid spread of this potentially fatal disease will dissipate with warmer weather. Because of the international reach of this festival, the risk is too high for us to move forward.
All students who have registered and paid their application fee will receive a full refund before the end of March. We will also be offering additional online learning resources for students and teachers this year in preparation for our 20-year celebration in 2021. We are very excited for next year's festival; plans are already underway (tentative dates: June 8-12).
We apologize for any inconvenience; please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Updates to this and other pages will be forthcoming this summer.
June 9-14, 2020
Canceled - see at left
Applications and optional written composition submissions for 2021 will be accepted starting 9/1/20.
Repertory Submission Form (below)
Due May 18, 2021.
• Please use this form only for contestant's adjudication program (max 15 min., no minimum).
• Adjudication program below is separate from the optional Written Composition category (see 1/2 way down this page).
Do not list Written Compositions on this form.
(Written Compositions do not count as part of the max. 15-min. adjudication programs.)
Back to festival homepage
- Deadline to submit repertory (below) is May 18, 2021 (mark your calendars).
- Repertory may be submitted prior to that date, but ONLY if the contestant is committed and reasonably certain of what the adjudication program will be.
- No changes (except deletions & corrections/clarifications for accuracy) can be made after May 26, 2021.